Today i will try something new… directly combining two things:
1. Playing games
2. Update this blog
Maybe some kind of „series“ will originate … so, the idea is:
I start with a blog post like this one, in which i describe the current state of my go progress, do i feel, more or less, comfortable with my go? In which mood i am now? Am i afraid of loosing or not? Taking the game too serious or not serious enough?
Maybe most interesting: what themes i studyied recentyl? What kind of fuseki i would like to try? These kind of things can be discussed immediately before playing a game… and right after the game is finished, i will review it, more or less, in detail and update this blog post.
So the describtion of the „Before&after“ series ends here… let`s begin:
Yesterday and the day before i lost almost every game i was playing (at kgs) … i think 9 games in a row.
- First thing: i played too much.
- i played too many overplays
- nearly in every game i was overconfident to win
- and the main thing: i played when there was actually work for me to do… so i was feeling a little bit overwhelmed by all my to dos and in adition a bit tired … and i thought like „ok, i will start with working on all this in 1 hour, but first i play 1 or 2 games…too relax“ Maybe some of you know, that this is a hard thing to do: playing GO to „RELAX“ 😀
So… maybe it sounds worse than it was, actually i did a lot of work yesterday, and my life is fine so far, and i`m ok with having a loosing streak… really… of course i want to win, but the main thing is i want to develop my go, and when i look at my last 9 games…besides many overplays and bad moves, i see at least some progress, even if i made enough mistakes to loose every game… i don`t feel like i did not learn anything from it.
Now today, of course there is some pressure that i want to end the loosing streak, but
- the main thing i want to do in the next game: stop with useless overplays and don`t be over-convident any more…
- i want to take my opponent serious, even if they are 12 kyu
- i don`t want to make any „poka“ (click to link on SL about „poka)
- i never whant to play fast, when there is enough time to think, even when it looks like a won game
Recently i looked at a few 4-3 josekis and opening pattern, one can not call it a real „study“ so far, but i was playing a 2x 4-3 opening often… and i like it (yes, i allready played it before the beginning of the „losing streak“ and won some games with it ;-D )… i think it is a good opening for people who are like to fight a lot (=me).
So… i will begin the game now… and will update this particular blog post after i finished the game and made a quick review.
Ok, i`m back … i lost the game Me (5 kyu) vs. Kgs 4 kyu. It was fun… a at least, tried to never play very fast … but at at least 4 or 5 moves, i remember was playing very quick… not good, have to work on this “
And as BengoZen was pointing out after the game, i started the fight to early, in the first joseki situation in the upper right corner (to get it match with the joseki dictionary i used, i flipped the game).
Here is the quick review, please note that i would have reviewed more of the game, but after the first 20 moves, the situation is so bad for black (me) that i think the game is not worth it!
Download the SGF