Hi there! Sometimes running a go blog is a bit annoying… for example if i want to spent some time with go study and ending up with doing wordpress/website things for the blog, without really looking at a single stone… this time i spent now more than about 10 minutes allready thinking about the question how to tructure things with tags and categorys, series, and all that stuff… but anyway… the blog should be ok, well not perfect – but what is perfect? – the way it is … so let`s forget this wordpress stuff and let`s study & play some go!
Today i want to try a new way to document my WBaduk games and try to stop me from playing too fast and too reckless. This is kind of a „double sequel“ it is „Before and after No.6“ and „WBaduk Challenge No.9“ (click for more info) but as i mentioned before, it is a bit annoying to think too much about the question how to organize a go blog. ^^ In the end, it`s all about shared games and thoughts about games 🙂
Bengozen, i don`t have to introduce him to you, recently told me i really should work on my impulsiveness … he showed me, and i allready agreed very much with him, why i lost a specific game… the losing move was played with 2 seconds thinking time by me…. so when it comes to WBaduk people there are playing very very fast… and often i do it as well… i don`t use my time in a proper way… i mean: 10 minutes + 3×30 seconds is not much … but if the game reaches the endgame and there is still some time of the initial „10 min“ left … it should be a clear sign that i played too fast.
So… as the concept here with „before and after“ could go, i explain now, just a bit, my go and general live situation at the moment…
- First is to say, that i spent most of my free time on go at the moment… this will maybe change again when other hobbys like music making etc. will catch my attention again, but know, i can`t think of anything else, besides go, what i really would like to do in my free time… yes, you can call it a addiction… but not a really dangerous one, because i still do my work, take care of the familiy and i`m sure that i will not go on with this go excess forever 🙂 But it feels good, and if you are reading this blog, you probably are a bit of addicted as well… ^^
- I play much fast games, at KGS and at WBAduk … i understand more and more where my main weknesses are … both technical & strategical [joseki, L&D, reading in general, can`t handle counter attacks well] and psychologically [impulsivity, impatience, greed, some kind of „megalomania“ ]
- I`m a spectator at European Yunguseng Dojang and i really enjoy the lectures and reviews of the league games, even while i can`t play in the league as well… i could not afford, could not handle, the money and the strict schedule at the moment (oh folks i feel it: my English still sucks, but i think you know what i mean) … EYD is really a place where i want to stay, and maybe i will participate in the league soon.
- To be honest: because work and family life often costs much energy i sometimes don`t feel i have the power to study much (L&D, lecutres) … but than i play fast games 😀 and i wonder when i loose them – hahaha … but even if one is losing, go is a great way to relax… even while it can be a thrilling game. If i`m drunk (i´m very seldom drunk) or very tired … i would NEVER sit down at a table and solve L&D … but some fast games at KGS …anytime!!! hahaha … so this is just to share my self reflection process … i think i should only play if i would feel mentally and physically in the mood to solve L&D as well… because the same level of concentration is needed to play a good and strong game!
- As i mentioned in a other update i want to continue with Karate and Zazen again … so, while to go to Karate hours in the sports club is in quite a distance (maybe in a few month?) i did practice some zazen yesterday and will try to sit for another 30 min today later on
- Today: a bit tired, because our daughter (she is 1 year old by now) was/is sick … and everything was a bit exhausting, but not too tired to solve L&D or play some games 😀
So, „Before“… what are my goals for this game?
- i want to use my time in a good way, never playing just out of reflex
- i want to win the game, in order to get back to 9kyu at WBaduk 😀
- i want to sit down after the game, and replay as many moves, on a real board, as i remember
- I want to write some comment while playing to document what my feelings/thoughts were
- I want to avoid overplays and strange moves even when my opponent plays kind of bizzare
- I will write a quick review and share the SGF file as well
- Preperation: Study how to answer some typical „WBaduk moves“ for example they really often answer the typical approach to the 4/4 often with a kosumi attachment… often not really good, regarded as bad move, but you should now how to punish or at least, how to play „even“ with it … (if you are a „pro member at „Badukmovies“ here is a great lesson about that: https://badukmovies.com/episodes/a-bad-kosumi?play=true )
- If possible (black) i will try to use the chinese fuseki!
- Most important: taking my opponent serious until the game is finished, even when it looks like a won game! I`m master at losing a won game.
- It is a pitty that my opponent was not stronger, i played some 11kyu`s on WBAduk before in the past who are much stronger, this game is thus not very interesting to watch.
- Everything took more time than expected, and i was jumping in to bed right after the game… so i did not replay any moves on a real go board.
- I played at least 2 moves without any thinking… that was bad. But in the beginning, the video-thing helped to play more carefull… so, some setback, but at the same time, some progress
- i tried to avoid overplays?! Maybe… see the SGF-File with comments
- It is a bit dangerous to write comments while playing, because it takes too much time, and in the end i would AGAIN not use my time in a proper way…
- Until my opponent starts many useless invasion attempts, i did took him/her very much serious, even while there were very bad moves of black in the opening…
Here is the SGf with some comments:
Here is the Video…